BS in Fire and Emergency Management
The Bachelor of Science in Fire and Emergency Management is designed for emergency services personnel and addresses the new challenges in technology, human resource management, and fiscal responsibility. The general public and government appointees are demanding higher levels of training and education for those who lead our nation's first repsonse teams to catastrophic disasters, terrorist incidents, and typical emergencies. This bachelor's degree is designed to empower students to pursue leadership roles that include managing all aspects of modern fire, EMS, and emergency preparedness agencies. Additionally, this program targets those students who want to increase their administrative and management knowledge as well as occupational and life safety awareness.
||HS diploma, GED
|Credit Transfer Restrictions
||Credits earned in any combination of prior learning credit will not exceed 75 percent of the credits required for degree programs or 50 percent of the credits required for certificate programs. Prior learning credit includes:
* College-level courses documented on a college transcript, or transfer credit (TC)
* Experiential Credit (EC), or portfolio assessment
* Credit by Examination (CC), which includes:
o DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSSTs)
o College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
o Advanced Placement Program (AP)
o Defense Language Proficiency Tests (DLPTs)
o Educational Testing Service (ETS) Excelsior College Examinations
o Other similar exams
* Students must complete a minimum of 50 percent of the major requirements for their program, including the capstone course, at Kaplan University.
* Applications for credit for previous education, training, experiential learning, or through the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) must be completed prior to the first day of the course for which the transfer credit is requested.