Colleges and Universities in Texas
373 higher education schools within its borders.
the highest-ranked school in TX,
has a total student population of 5,576 and
28th highest ranked school in the USA.
Of the 373 schools
in Texas, the average student population is 3,703 and average student-to-faculty ratio is
18 to 1. There are 11086 total
degree (or certificate) programs in the state, with 2,493 people on average applying for a school.
Undergraduate tuition costs are normally around
$3,572, but can vary widely depending on the type
Of the 373 schools in Texas,
only 11 have a student population over 10k. After taking into account tuition, living expenses, and financial aid,
School of Automotive Machinists comes out as the most expensive ($46,386/yr),
with Texas Health School as the lowest recorded at only $1,580/yr.
Texas Interesting Facts
Top National Parks in Texas
Famous State Residents
- Texas is popularly known as The Lone Star State.
- The Alamo is located in San Antonio. It is where Texas defenders fell to Mexican General Santa Anna and the phrase Remember the Alamo originated. The Alamo is considered the cradle of Texas liberty and the state's most popular historic site.
- The lightning whelk is the official state shell.
- "Texas is the only state to have the flags of 6 different nations fly over it. They are: Spain, France, Mexico, Republic of Texas, Confederate States, and the United States."
- "Although six flags have flown over Texas, there have been eight changes of government: Spanish 1519-1685, French 1685-1690, Spanish 1690-1821, Mexican 1821-1836, Republic of Texas 1836-1845, United States 1845-1861, Confederate States 1861-1865, United States 1865-present"